[Schematron] Finally: fair text of proposed changes to ISO Schematron

Rick Jelliffe rjelliffe at allette.com.au
Thu Oct 9 03:25:05 EDT 2008

Last week I made a submission (by podcast!) to the ISO working group
giving details on the changes I am proposing for ISO Schematron.

You can see and hear this at
  http://broadcast.oreilly.com/2008/09/fake-real-time-blog-from-sc34.html

Now I want to emphasize that these are not set in stone!  My next step
is to make up a draft to get voted on, but obviously the value of a new
version is that it can address various (even niggling) issues that
people have.

I think the kinds of changes I propose are about the limit of what would
be acceptable to be voted for: in particular, I have (private)
implementations of everything that I am proposing and I can point to
real-world use cases for all of them.  But the "property" mechanism
in particular may benefit from more brain power: is it the low-hanging
fruit it seems?

So please feel free to review and comment on these. Comments made in the
next months will help get the revision out sooner, comments made after
next months may help slow down the revision.  However, having a useful
standard is more important than having either a fast standard or a
perfect standard, in my book.

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe