[Schematron] errors in iso_dsdl_include.xsl beta

Lars Huttar lars_huttar at sil.org
Mon Sep 15 18:26:46 EDT 2008

Hello,
On the front page of www.schematron.com, there is a link to
http://www.schematron.com/tmp/iso_dsdl_include.xsl.
The latter ( 2008-08-20 version) gives the following error (warning?)
when validated as a stylesheet (in Oxygen, using Saxon to validate I
believe):
iso_dsdl_include.xsl
    Location: 118:0
references to variables
    <xslt:template   match="relax:extRef[ $include-relaxng = 'true' ]"
mode="dsdl:go">

There are seven instances of this error at various places in the
stylesheet where variables are used in match patterns.

Then there are two definite errors (not warnings):
    Location: 573:0
Context:
          <xsl:when test="string-length( @xpointer ) &gt; 0">
              <xsl:variable name="theDocument" select="document( @href,/
)" />
                    <xsl:when test="xi:fallback">
                         <xsl:variable name="theDocument"
select="document( xi:fallback[1]/xi:include[not(@parseType)
                         or @parseType='xml']/@href,/ )" />

At first I thought maybe this was the use of XSLT 2 features being
rejected by an XSLT 1 processor... but if so, the stylesheet is
incorrect in saying
    <xslt:stylesheet version="1.0"

Regards,
Lars