[Schematron] errors in iso_dsdl_include.xsl beta

Rick Jelliffe rjelliffe at allette.com.au
Tue Sep 16 08:56:13 EDT 2008

Florent Georges wrote:

>   Rick, is there any reason why this stylesheet uses 2.0 features and
> tell to be an 1.0 stylesheet?

Same reason as before. I was lost awareness that XSLT 1 didn't allow
this. (And I am using SAXON 9 for development
which does not complain about such things.)

I have replaced it with a version with those tests moved inside the
templates. Thanks for reporting it and apologies
for the bug.

This version also implements the "merge" functionality I am suggesting
for the new ISO Schematron.
In this functionality, if I have
   <sch:pattern ...>
      <sch:include  href="xxx.sch"/>
  </sch:pattern>

and the xxx.sch file or fragment is the same element as the parent of
the include, such as
   <sch:pattern>
      <sch:rule id="xxx" >....
   </sch:pattern>
then it is the rules that are included, not the element.

I think this is the neatest way to cover what many people are
requesting. The same mechanism also should
work at any level of merge, not just top-level. (Actually, I will have
to get rid of any position dependencies
in the skeleton in order to make top-level merges with namespaces and
phases work.)

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe