[Schematron] errors in iso_dsdl_include.xsl beta

G. Ken Holman gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com
Tue Sep 16 09:55:55 EDT 2008

At 2008-09-16 22:56 +1000, Rick Jelliffe wrote:
>This version also implements the "merge" functionality I am suggesting
>for the new ISO Schematron.
>In this functionality, if I have
>    <sch:pattern ...>
>       <sch:include  href="xxx.sch"/>
>   </sch:pattern>
>
>and the xxx.sch file or fragment is the same element as the parent of
>the include, such as
>    <sch:pattern>
>       <sch:rule id="xxx" >....
>    </sch:pattern>
>then it is the rules that are included, not the element.

But then you need a different keyword other than sch:include ...
perhaps sch:merge ... but I don't think you can arbitrarily change
the semantics of sch:include now that it has been out and implemented
for a while.

I know that my existing and deployed sch:include stylesheets would
stop working.

>I think this is the neatest way to cover what many people are
>requesting.

I guess I missed seeing what people are requesting.  Can you cite
some examples?

>The same mechanism also should
>work at any level of merge, not just top-level. (Actually, I will have
>to get rid of any position dependencies
>in the skeleton in order to make top-level merges with namespaces and
>phases work.)

Can any proposed functionality be implemented in different modules
than the modules put forward as "reference implementations"?

--
Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO hands-on courses:      Wellington, NZ 2009-01
G. Ken Holman                 mailto:gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com