[Schematron] Help sought: implementation of Character Repertoire in XSLT2 for embedding in schematron

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 18 16:16:53 EDT 2008

2008/9/18 Rick Jelliffe <rjelliffe at allette.com.au>

> David Carlisle wrote:
> . As far as I can see no
> > use is made of ||, as an operator.
> But it is in the Unicode regex spec,

Perhaps, but as I said that's not really relevant to xpath. It looked like
the stylesheet was generating || for union, hence my comment.

> No disrespect to Mike or Saxon intended. The cases I mentioned were the
> ones I found. Also whether to use \uHHHH or \x#HHHH for character
> references.

INeither syntax is supported. You need (at the regex level) to use explicit
characters. There is no \u1234 ascii syntax for unicode characters, however
if the xpath is embedded in XML (or XQuery) then normal xml character
references &#1234; are available of course.

David

--
http://dpcarlisle.blogspot.com/