[Schematron] Help sought: implementation of Character Repertoire in XSLT2 for embedding in schematron

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 19 10:08:53 EDT 2008

2008/9/19 Dave Pawson <dave.pawson at gmail.com>

> 2008/9/18 Rick Jelliffe <rjelliffe at allette.com.au>:
>
> > So if anyone wants a fun weekend job, attached is the code and test
> files:
> >  what is needed is to figure out what
> > kind of regular expressions SAXON 9 actually implements, and to generate
> > that.
>

> DC is busy today with an internal meeting. He forwarded to me
> The attached XSLT which seems to do what is wanted (1 part missing).

I sent it to the list later as well.

> I'm unsure how to take this forward Rick.
>
> Davids code processes the contents of a crdl file using XSLT 2.0 but
> produces text output.

well it produces an xpath expression, that could be put into an xslt or
schematron output  just as easily as being stuffed to standard out as text.

> Not sure how you'd want to use this though.
>

> The negation (not-in) seems a straight-forwards Not (match (., 'regex')).

No. not-in isn't the negation of in, it's a three valued logic, in not-in
and unknown.
You need to evaluate one test to see if is definitely in the repertoire,
another similar one to see if it is definitely not-in and then if it is
neither of those things it is unknown.

However if having done the test for in you do a quick test and check that
there are no kernel or ref elements in the crepdl file, then I think it is
the case that unknown can not be the outcome, so you don't need to test for
not-in, the not-in property will in that case just be the negation of the in
property.

David

--
http://dpcarlisle.blogspot.com/