[Schematron] syntax?

G. Ken Holman gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com
Tue Nov 22 20:43:42 EST 2011

At 2011-11-22 14:23 +0000, Dave Pawson wrote:
>I'm using
>   <rule context="div1[@id='pr-section']//div3">
>     <let name="thisID" value="@id"/>
>     <assert test="count(//div1[@id='pr-section']//div3[@id = $thisID])
> > 1" diagnostics="dupID">Two properties with same id!</assert>
>
>to test if there is a child div1[]//div3 with an id the same as the
>current element.
>
>Is my syntax right please? It seems to be picking up every such div3?

Do you perhaps have two div1's with the same @id?

Perhaps try:

   count(ancestor::div1[@id='pr-section'][1]//div3[@id=$thisID]) > 1

To avoid the count() function you could do something like this in XSLT 2:

   ancestor::div1[@id='pr-section'][1]//div3[@id=$thisID][not(@id is $thisID)]

... or in XSLT 1:

   ancestor::div1[@id='pr-section'][1]//div3[@id=$thisID]
                                         [generate-id(@id)!=generate-id($thisID)]