Send to friend
The Role of Middleware in Rapidly Adopting XML as a Standard Data Interchange Mechanism
- XML continues to become increasingly popular, but Flat Files and EDI (multiple flavors) continue to make up the largest percentage of document formats used in IT.
- Proprietary & Legacy Systems are often designed with older data formats in mind, slowing widespread adoption of XML.
- Using a Middleware Solution helps organizations quickly integrate with existing systems to expose data in XML and the interface as a service
- Adopting services as part of a SOA, and building an XML-based standard data interchange (regardless of format) are best practices.
Software AG has successfully provided:
- Adoption strategy for XML and SOA
- Middleware solution for Integration, Messaging, Data Interchange, and Realtime Transalation
- Visibility into data interchange using Business Activity Monitoring - Document, Service and Process level
- An XML Database for Native XML storage and metadata management (for XML, non-XML, structured/unstructured data)
- Registry/Repository for Services Management (using the XML Database underneath for Metadata & Taxonomy storage)